Pages

Life Through A Lens

Monday, February 24, 2014

Gardarin On

Another week people! School has started out relatively decently, with a mix of tough and easy days. With certain classes not being given on a weekly basis, and others starting a bit later in the semester, there is yet room for some peace of mind. Plenty reading though (what's new, eh), so no lack of things to do with time. That has become a common feature as my studies have progressed, much more independent reading and learning than actual teaching in school. Much more responsibility, that is for sure.
I have been slightly sick for the past couple of days, some standard bug with a couple days incubation time followed by an annoying symptomatic period with fever, sore throat and a productive cough. As per usual, whenever I get sick, I am very keen on finding ways to get better. I find my hit-herto limited medical knowledge instills a certain curiosity, if not yet an actual concrete insight.
In my experience, there are two kinds of medical students. Those who despise pills and medication and wouldn't think of consuming such vile voodoo, and those who do nothing but just that. I am leaning more to the side of the latter. I find it fascinating what all these substances can do to our bodies, and who better to test them on than myself. So this time the elixir of choice was Gardarin, a Polish cough syrup. After reading and Google translating the ingredients, I was disappointed to find out that it was nothing but organic honey and chamomile extract, with a dash of citric acid to spice things up. No fancy chemicals or pseudo-toxic ailments. None. Dismayed, yes, but it tasted heavenly and did soothe the pain briefly, so I guess it did alright. Not near as badass as I had hoped though, next time I'm sick Ill have to try some other shady drugs.

I'll leave you all with this eccentric classic, if ever a fever dream had a melody am I right?




No comments:

Post a Comment