Pages

Life Through A Lens

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Going to Euro 2012!!


Croatia vs Spain. 18th of June. 20:45. Category 1. Yep, it is happening, for my first top level football match (not counting the Mozambique vs Benin match I saw back in Maputo) I am going to be watching the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Modric, and Casillas grace the pitch. I am actually in a state of disbelief at this fact.
Getting tickets was quite a pain I must admit, and the fact that the Euro's happen right during exam session doesn't make it easier either (I have Chem final exam on the morning of the 18th for example).
So how did I get the ticket? Well...I had heard from a friend of a friend that there was maybe a possibility to get a ticket to Croatia vs Spain, so I made sure I was free that evening and the following morning, and offered a fee I thought reasonable. 600 PLN. Ticket prices inflate at a whopping rate though, and it was not long before the buyer in question had received a higher offer, and that ticket was lost to the world. I despaired a little, but I wasn't surprised, I had actually given up hope of gettting a ticket for the Euros long before that in any case.
Then I got an email from UEFA, saying that the Ticket Portal had opened up again, and that one could buy the remaining tickets that had not got sold during the first Ticket Portal opening back in December. I logged in, but the website was lagging due to the massive amounts of people with the same idea as myself, and it was taking forever to order the tickets. My friend Peter also tried to log in, and after several attempts he managed to select the tickets, and buy them as well. Going to the Euro 2012 was suddenly not a dream, but an approaching reality.
It was pretty incredible that we actually got the tickets, because later on that day I heard from another friend that she had also tried to get tickets to that match online, but that they were now sold out.
It is also nice that I have actually been to the stadium where the match is taking place (Album on facebook page). I went there with my friend Muhammad Husain when we went to Gdansk for some sightseeing. It will be remarkable to see it now  packed with 40 thousand people. Can't Wait!
But now it is all work and no play up until that day, exams are coming and they always manage to sneak up around the corner and catch you by surprise.

Pz.

Btw, if you want to order tickets for the Euro 2012, they are still some left, book them at https://ticketing.uefa.com/euro2012/default.aspx

3 comments:

  1. I think it will be a great experience 4 you! I'm also looking forward to visit some Euro 2012 stadiums. Hope you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. guy guy guy. i am so jealous. i will personally wake up at 3:45 am in korea to watch that game. enjoy brother, remember we have to go to england together with sam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Bartek: I am sure i will absolutely love it!
    @David: My man, I will try to get seen by the cameras, and I will text you exactly where I am so you can try to find me! haha. Dude, as for england, tell me the date, and im pretty much game. Might be going there next year November, if things work out.

    ReplyDelete