Pages

Life Through A Lens

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Catching The Bus, Like a Boss

You know those epic commercials when the guy misses the bus at the bus station, but since he is such a boss (or wearing the sneakers that are trying to be sold) he manages to beat the bus to the next bus station? Well, yours truly just had one of those moments. Let me break it down to you all.
I was on my way back from church near Plac Roosevelta in the center of Olsztyn, and as I was passing McDonalds to head to the intersection,  I spotted bus 15 approaching from the city center. Now there are quite a few buses going from the center of town out to Kortowo, where I live, but one does not really memorize the bus timetable, so every now and then one has to wait for half an hour or so to get the next bus going in the right direction. I was feeling up for a challenge, so I hurried onto the intersection, planning to catch the bus at its next stop, the one in the area, Plac Roosevelta. As the bus stopped for red at the intersection I rushed ahead, crossed one road, and started sprinting to get to the bus station in time. However, the bus driver must have seen my desperate efforts, because he barely stopped at Plac Roosevelta and instead raced on ahead, to the next station, Osiedle Podgrodzie.
I was not to be beaten that easily, however, and with adrenaline pumping throughout my body I started flat out sprinting to catch up with the bus yet again. And to make matters worse, it was a straight distance, so no turns to slow the bus down or anything, it was just me against the machine. Pierna a Rueda. However, my fortune was about to change.
Just before Osiedle Podgrodzie there is a traffic light, and it turned red just as the bus approached it. At this point I was still huffing and puffing my way forward ca 300 meters behind the bus, but this slice of luck gave me the final kick I needed. I made my way past the bus, smiling at the onlooking passengers inside, and stopped to let the bus catch up to me at the bus stop. As the bus arrived, I lifted my head high, stood with my back erect and a cheeky smile on my lips, climbed unto my royal carriage and felt pretty much amazing.

or as they say in Poland, Tak Jak Boss.

(ok, so they don't really say that, but they should!)

4 comments:

  1. you are SUCH a freak, but you just made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess running on your 6 mile route is paying off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it definately is! (although it is 6km)

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at you bloggin away. tender and precious....hahaha.

    im gonna keep giving you a hard time about this lol

    ReplyDelete