Pages

Life Through A Lens

Friday, April 13, 2012

T.I.P.#1

This is the first of many T.I.P. (This Is Poland) posts i will be posting on here, viewing culture clashes from a purely comical perspective. So yes, stereotypes will be widely used, but there is no ill intent and it is all for laughs, so its alright ;)

#1: Polish Gym Class
In most places in the world, P.E. or gym as some call it is considered to be pretty much the slacker class, the one class nobody really cares about. I mean, you go there, do the exercises whatever, and then spend all too much of your recess time in the shower so that you run late for the next class. It is a necessary evil in the eyes of not only most students, but also most teachers. I mean, at my highschool, the P.E. teachers were ironically the least fit of all the teachers, so they definitely just wanted to get the class over with, however much they tried to conceal that fact.
In Poland however... P.E. is insane! it is like a whole body workout! I was skeptical to the idea of P.E. at University level at first, due to my previous experiences with the subject, but over here in Olsztyn I was shown a whole new dimension, Next Level Gym-class if you will =) Sure, they still have all these weird exercises probably passed down from some old Prussian drill sergeant, but hey, they work! Coming back from Friday morning gym class is like coming back from a good shift in the weight room, endorphin flowing freely and everything looking up! I must say I quite like it. 

Pz

4 comments:

  1. So you will be both a ripped and a fit doctor when you graduate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats right lance,that six pack is on its way! Getting the "summer bod" haha

      Delete
  2. "beach bod" is the word i believe you are looking for. and good one about pe teachers in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes yes =) keeping checking back every now and then, ill be posting some more T.I.P's when i stumble across them

    ReplyDelete