Pages

Life Through A Lens

Saturday, April 28, 2012

T.I.P. #3 Polish Girls Speedwalk

I don't know if I am the only one that has noticed this, but the women of Poland all seem to be endowed with some sort of super power. Nothing else can explain how they can walk so fast without even seeming to make an effort. Take any random day when I am walking to school, or just strolling around in the city, and I hear a ballad of high heels approaching. The competitive side within me tells me to not let myself get overtaken by someone walking in such, albeit beautiful, painful and disabling contraptions , so I quicken my pace. I get all cocky like "yea, that will show them who is the faster one here, shawty please, I climbed Mt. Kenya, I know how to walk like a boss!!" As I strut my pedestrian skills I hear the ballad quicken its pace and the clicks of the heels come ever closer. "Whuuuut," I think to myself, "how the heck is she still keeping pace with me, I should be like miles ahead by now" I keep on  speeding forward, almost breaking into a little sweat, and then all of a sudden, like out of nowhere, she passes me. And then another passes me, then 3 then 4 then 5. Not only do they just pass me, which in itself sort of caught me by surprise, but they do it without seemingly putting any effort into it. They just like float forward like some sort of 22nd century hover craft, while I am mangling ahead all "Dirty Jobs Excavators Style". I don't really know what to make of this, but needless to say I have been thoroughly humbled, and no longer try to win a race I know I am destined to lose.

But I see the positive side in this, when they pass me, at least I get the chance to look at them ;)

Pz

No comments:

Post a Comment