Pages

Life Through A Lens

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Yo-yoing <= Because One Direction is not Enough

Yo-yoing. You know, when you have to go to town to do something in the morning,then head back home, then back to town in the afternoon. Then back to town the next day etc.. Instead of everything just flowing along smoothly in one direction it's rather is like a yoyo: up, down, up, down. (Before everyone gets too excited, by "one direction" i am not referring to some British boy band neither am I talking about RVP's ambitious little boy inside of him; please, let's keep it real here)
To get started with my driving license, I had to go get one of those eye-checkups where they test if you can see the letters on the board (which is very hard when I never really bothered learning the Polish pronunciation of the letters themselves, so I just started wording my way through it and sounded like a fool: "Aa", "Behh" "Kuhh" "Pe" etc...) Anyway, i got my little note saying that I was good to go, just to be notified later on in the day it was the wrong sort of test. I had to have an eye- plus cardio-respiratory check. Sigh, it's not like I am signing up for the army...
I went to the proper place the next morning, managed to get the point across that I needed to see this very specific doctor (making sure I made no mistake now). Unfortunately she was out for the day, "return tomorrow" they told me. Yo-yo.
I returned the following day, zooming past the cars in the traffic jam on my bike on my way there, feeling ever so good about myself. I told the secretary that I was there for my appointment, and she looked through my documents and passport. I let out a small sigh of relief, finally things were happening. "Ok, everything looks good with your documents, come back Thursday before lunch and the doctor will see you then." It was currently Tuesday. Yo-yoing over level 9000.
Being an incurable optimist I tried to focus on the good of it all. The exercise from biking up that slope for the up-tenth time was terrific. Really great... No, really, it was awesome. Wish I could spend the rest of my life doing just that.
Anyway, I went back on Thursday, and after about 2hrs of waiting, I finally got my stupid little checkup done. The doctor who did it was lovely though, to be fair. 70 plus year old lady that used a magnifying glass to read my fine-print documents. Sort of ironic that she was checking my eye-sight, but oh well. She even ordered me to get a Polish girlfriend so that my Polish language skills wouldn't be so crappy. I guess now I can say that I will be partying on the doctor's orders.

Oh.. and I finally got around to seeing The Dark Knight Rises. Best movie I have seen in a cinema, even better than Inception, in my opinion. Thoroughly satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment